Half camel pose is a great feel-good pose for those with flexible spines!
If it doesn’t feel all that great for YOU, go easy and allow the spine to regain flexibility slowly. As we say in Hawaii, no need rush.
We have all the lifetimes we need.
(Be sure to download the pdf of this tip sheet at the bottom of this post.)
asana name = ardha ustrasana
ardha = half
ustra = camel
asana = seat
- opens and stretches the shoulder and upper arm;
- opens the chest
- tones kidneys and adrenal glands;
- stimulates the respiratory, digestive and endocrine systems.
- skip this pose if you’ve have or had hernia or recent abdominal surgery
- be cautious if you have knee, shoulder, neck or back injuries.
- Easier: Do with with hands on hips or sacrum
- Deeper: Point toes, press the tops of the feet firmly into the mat.
A pose with a sense of expansive open-heartedness.
What you can do next
- Leave us a comment…are you enjoying this asana tip series? Let us know! (We’ll beg if we have to.)
- Grab your free asana tip sheet by clicking the button below.